National Women Commission invites applications from eligible candidates for the project titled “Support to National Machinery on Monitoring Implementation of CEDAW”
- Program Officer – 1
- Finance Associate – 1
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to submit a Cover letter, updated CV along with educational and character certificates through email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org by August 8, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview and further process.
|Position Title||Brief Description||Eligibility|
|Program Officer||Oversee project activities, lead project, risk management, planning and monitoring.||Masters in Sociology, Social Studies, Business Studies or relevant field, 3 years of experience in the project management.|
|Finance Associate||Oversee financial activities of the project, maintain records, ensure adherence to policies, prepare financial reports||Bachelor’s degree in accounts, Commerce, Management, Business Administration, or a related field; minimum 3 years of practical experience in finance and account management; strong skills in financial software|
Terms of Reference: Program Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Planning: Preparation of feasible work plans that achieve the goals of the project and align with the pre-designed project schedule.
- Time and Resource Allocation: Define, schedule and estimate task duration and resource availability to develop and maintain a realistic project schedule.
- Assembling and Leading Project Team: Carry out the role of a leader in the team and mobilize them for the implementation of the project activities.
- Budgeting: Estimate accurate budgets for the project activities as per the significance, urgency and deliverable of the outputs.
- Project Quality Assurance: Deliver the projects results as approved by the management and as required by the stakeholders.
- Risk Management: Analyze the risks that can come across the project duration and be prepared tackle issues that might pose a threat to the successful delivery of the project.
- Monitoring Progress: Constantly measure and compare project output against the approved plan, designing project monitoring framework and tracking.
- Reporting and Documentation: Ensure proper/timely reporting of each and every activity conducted under the project.
- Coordination with key stakeholders and partner agencies and other duties as assigned by the management.
- Education Level:
Masters in Sociology, Social Studies, Business Studies or relevant field
- Experience Required:
3 Years of experience in the project management in the Women Rights and Human Rights sector
Professional Skills Required:
- Good command of English language both spoken and written.
- Have good knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to work as part of a team in a cooperative and supportive way, particularly with staff with different background and age group.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging way.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Contract negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution experience
Terms of Reference Finance Officer
Roles and responsibilities
- Financial management
- Maintain ledgers and accounting records for classification and recording of financial transactions into accounting software reconciliation of all accounts. Ensure payment relating to all program expenditures e.g. salaries and benefits, purchases, prepayments, travel advance and program advances.
- Review and check all the financial documents, bills, agreement and other supporting document before making administrative and program expenses statements, payments to the staff and other third parties.
- Review and check partners’ agreement in the part of finance and administration
- Ensure fund in the bank account for the timely disbursement of payment to the staff, vendor, and the partners.
- Ensure that all NECs policies and procedures are strictly followed while making payment to the staff, vendors, and other third parties
- Ensure compliance with the donor’s rules and regulations as well as the Audit requirements.
- Ensure and facilitate for timely settlement and deposit of tax in Inland Revenue Office at Cluster level
- Implement strict internal control system.
- Year End Fiscal Year Closing on coordination of partner and donor.
- Maintain confidentiality of administrative and financial information as per NWC policy.
- Partnership and
- Ensure full implementation of the financial management at partner and district level.
- Support staff as well as partners organization on the many aspect of the financial management including budgeting, advance management, documents required for payments, auditing and cash management.
- Conduct periodic financial audit of partner organizations and submit the finding and observations report timely to supervisor.
- Prepare the audit action plan and ensure that the partners implement the recommendation.
- Ensure that the Partners submit report in a timely manner in the prescribed format.
- Ensures adequate communication of financial policies and procedures to all partner and staffs.
- Maintain the partner’s database and share this report regularly with the donor.
- Build good working relationship with partner’s staff and other stakeholders.
- Develop good working relationship with government offices, counterpart, national and international organization, partners and community people.
- Maintain good relationship with beneficiary communities and project staff.
- Perform other program and administrative jobs and responsibilities assigned by the Supervisor.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and revision, procurement plan, supervision of inventory and administrative work
c. Documentation and reporting
- Prepare Donors reports and forward to donor.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation statement and forward to head office with original bank statement.
- Prepare the monthly cash planning.
- Prepare the status of advances with the aging report and receivable from the staff, partners and vendor’s on monthly basis.
- Review all the reports submitted by the partners and provide regular feedback to them to improving the reporting system.
d. Supervision and Development
staff development and capacity building.
- Keep them abreast on current situation and reorient them on new guideline whenever changes occur.
- Monitor their progress and mentor them to help then perform better.
- Encourage their participation in the social events of the office whenever possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounts, Commerce, Management, Business Administration; or a related field with minimum 3 years of practical experience in finance and account management
- Knowledge and use of financial software systems
- Expertise in MS Excel, Word, and MS Access preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and analytical skills in both local language and English
- Knowledge of current government’s tax policies and labor laws
- Skill on finance related documenting, reporting, auditing and internal control system
- Knowledge on accounting, auditing system and financial monitoring system
- Knowledge and experience of small grants management to NGOs and other organizations
- Excellent facilitation skill on financial management training to the partners
- Communicating and influencing, attention to detail, objectivity and integrity are required
- Strong analytical coordination and communication skills with the ability to engage confidently and accurately in both Nepali and when required, in English.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling NWC’s values and ethical standards; promotes the mission, vision and strategic goals of NWC or government of Nepal, exhibits cultural, gender, religion, caste, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability. Treats all fairly without favoritism.
- Gender sensitive and responsive approaches and attitude
- Strong analytical, coordination skills
- Ability to communicate ideas and information effectively ensure the message are understood and have desired impact
- Ability to work in team and learn from others and coach others with patience
- Ability to appreciate diversity and different capacities of team and partners
- Function effectively in diverse groups
- Ability to engage confidently and accurately in both Nepali and English
- Ability to use computer to run Office application software packages